This is what Nomad Studio will be committing to during the COVID-19 pandemic, helping to ensure the safest place for continued learning.
- We are monitoring all federal, provincial, and local health and safety guidelines, announcements, and forecasts closely and will continue to do so. Any required changes will be communicated, including updates on capacity limits and requirements.
- Classes will be limited to a maximum of 6 students per Pod Class and 4 students per Solo Class. (This may change if we can maintain a safe learning environment.)
- We ask all parents and students to communicate with us when they will be traveling: When you will be going, where you will be going, how long you will be gone (we will compare destinations to COVID-19 hotspots). This will allow us to make decisions together about possible quarantine from training.
- Everyone must stay home when sick or experiencing symptoms of illness. This includes children, parents, and coach. (Any symptoms need to be taken seriously). In the case of Coach experiencing any symptoms classes will be cancelled at the earliest time available. (information will be sent out on our Facebook page as well as an email sent out)
- All surfaces, including floors and equipment, will be disinfected for 15 minutes between every lesson with an effective and safe disinfectant, as well, the studio will be steam cleaned at least once per training day.
- Front and back doors will be propped open (whenever possible) to allow for maximum ventilation. We will also continue to use the exhaust fans to exchange the air in the training space.
- Faces should be covered when coughing or sneezing, and tissues should be immediately thrown in the trash.
- Hand-washing practices will continue to apply for everyone after each lesson, after using the restroom, and after blowing one’s nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Coach will wear cloth face coverings during lessons. Students and Parents are encouraged to wear them for drop off and pick up, they may wear them during training, but it is not mandatory.
We appreciate your cooperation and adherence to these safety requirements.
Pre & Post Class Procedure
The following will be the procedure that we will follow pre and post classes. As there is only one entrance and exit we will need the cooperation of everyone to make the process as fast and efficient as we can. Screening is done individually, so again patience is appreciated.
Please maintain an order and physical distancing while screening process is ongoing.
- Arrive at least 15 min prior to class to allow for screening and entry procedures
- Maintain physical distancing outside as you wait to enter studio
- Arrive at the studio in uniform with water bottle
- One at a time, students will be screened by coach
- Touchless temperature taken
- Yes/No Answers to the following screening questions:
- Has the student recently had at least one primary symptom of COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing)?
- Has the student had any secondary symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting, diarrhea, nasal/sinus congestion or runny nose, or fatigue)?
- Has the student returned from international travel within the last 14 days?
- Has the student returned from domestic travel within the last 14 days to a location where the local government requires self-isolation?
- In the past 14 days, has the student had close contact with a person who has been confirmed positive with COVID-19? *Note: exposure would begin 48 hours prior to and any time after the person tested positive. In the past 14 days, has the student had close contact with a person with at least one primary symptom new or unusual to them (cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing)? OR at least two secondary symptoms new or unusual to them (fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting, diarrhea, nasal/sinus congestion or runny nose, or fatigue consistent with COVID-19)?
- In the past 14 days, has the student or anyone in their household worked a primary or secondary job in a setting that is classified as very high or high risk, such as: a healthcare facility or setting that requires the person to provide care to people infected with COVID-19; a laboratory that processes COVID-19 samples; or a mortuary handling COVID-19 cases?
- When admitted, students will sanitize hands before entry, stow shoes and move to their designated training area (walk only in the marked laneway and directly to your designated training area)
- Yellow marked areas on the mats are for solo training
- Red marked areas are for pod training
- When each student has moved to their designated area Coach will move to his instructing area and the lesson will begin
- At the end of the class, parents and guardians may either wait outside the studio or remain in their vehicles for students (there will be no entry into the studio to wait for students)
- One at a time, students will move from their designated training area to put on shoes, sanitize hands if they wish and proceed out of the studio.
- Once all students have vacated the studio Coach will begin the disinfecting and sanitization process to get ready for the next class.
- No drop ins will be allowed into preregistered classes
- No entry into the studio without being screened by Coach
- There will be no in and out privileges in the studio during class
- Only students and instructors will be permitted entry into the studio space.
- The Studio takes the health and safety of all its students and their extended families very seriously, if anyone is unable to comply, support, and follow the procedures in place, they will not be permitted in the studio and unable to attend classes.
Nomad Studio and Coach appreciates all your support during the pandemic. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Coach.